My chocolate martini cupcakes start with the best chocolate cupcakes on the planet. The cupcakes are topped with a chocolate martini buttercream made with Crème de Cacao and Godiva liqueur which is drizzled with dark chocolate. But, the most fun part of these chocolate martini cupcakes is the actual shot of chocolate martini that can be squeezed into the cupcakes just before eating.
The vessel for the martini shot is called a Shot Top and it’s the brainchild of Wilton. If you throw a lot of parties, you may want to stock up on these and experiment with all kinds of boozy cupcakes!
- 1 pound unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons Crème de Cacao
- 4 teaspoons Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 of your favorite chocolate cupcakes (I, of course, highly recommend using Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes.)
- 4 ounces melted dark tempered chocolate
- 1 chocolate martini (I use the recipe from The Drink Blog.)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes on high speed).
- Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time until fully combined.
- Mix in Crème de Cacao, chocolate liqueur, and salt.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Drizzle or pipe melted chocolate on top of frosting.
- Fill Shot Tops with chocolate martini and place in cupcakes. Drink any leftover martini.
- Serve and enjoy!